Job Specification – Project Engineer – Power Distribution
Purpose of the Job
To manage & deliver assigned contracts ensuring they are delivered safely, in line with contract scope, perform to program, costs are controlled to budget and are completed to the client’s satisfaction.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Assigned projects are controlled in line with commercial expectations
- Contract reporting deadlines are met
- Resource Planning
- SHEQ site tours are completed
- Company policy’s & procedures are followed
- Provide RES/Client interface
- Manage SHEQ in accordance with company ISO certification throughout all assigned projects
- Provide support and guidance to the site staff within the team on all allocated projects.
- Help with the preparation of contract documentation, technical details, and specifications.
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Bid preparation on assigned tender projects
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of supplier quotations and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Maintain a continuous communication with suppliers and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- On allocated projects participate in the planning, programming and monitoring of resources to meet timeline requirements and targets.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of Work Package Plans & Task Briefings.
- Monitor and control budgets for allocated work packages.
- Attendance at SAT & FAT, carry out testing and commissioning as necessary.
- Ensure contract reports are provided on time
- Provide backup/support for project team
- Ensure project team fully understands contract scope, cost & program
- Think right first time, take responsibility and be self-motivated
- Take pride in what you do & be consistent
- Put the team & customer before yourself
- No blame/ learning culture & give and accept constructive, honest feedback/ criticism
- Be positive & display honesty and integrity
- Embrace change & new technology
- Stay Calm & maintain methodical calculated management process
- Industry recognised formal qualifications in individual discipline
- Experience in HV cabling, jointing, Switchgear, Substation, Switching, Transformer, Rectifier, Authorised Person, Cable identification & Spiking procedures, Protection & Control.
- Communicate well both internally & externally
- Good understanding of task, time and people management skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Effective communication skills within own team and other disciplines within Company
- Good customer and commercial awareness.
- Safety awareness