This Privacy Notice is a public declaration of how Railway Electrical Services Limited applies the Data Protection Principles and Rights afforded to individuals by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), to the personal data that we process. Railway Electrical Services is committed to complying with the principles relating to the processing of personal data under the GDPR.
WHO IS COLLECTING DATA INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
Railway Electrical Services Limited (RES) has been operating in the rail industry since December 2000. Our company has grown in strength year on year servicing a well-established client base with all their project needs. Through our knowledge and experience we have become a reliable partner and leading supplier in the Rail industry.
Railway Electrical Services Ltd
Registered Office address: St Bartholomew’s Church, Hallam Fields Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire. DE74AZ
Company Registration Number: 4123907.
WHAT IS YOUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING MY INFORMATION?
We process personal information to enable us to provide, promote and advertise our services.
WHAT INFORMATION ARE YOU COLLECTING ABOUT ME?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms you complete, from records of our correspondence, phone calls and details of your visits to our website. Railway Electrical Services may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. We may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to the website.
CCTV is used for maintaining the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
WHAT ARE THE ‘LEGITIMATE INTERESTS AND HOW WILL MY INFORMATION BE USED?
Railway Electrical Services uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email information which we believe may be of interest to you and your business.
Through making initial contact you are consenting to RES maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either optout (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
The legitimate interest pursued by Railway Electrical Services are;
•To offer RES services to our suppliers, buyers and their supply chains.
•To meet RES contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
•To promote RES and market the services offered by us to new and existing clients
•To communicate with you in order to gain feedback on our services to enable us to improve them
•To notify you about changes to any of our services
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
At any point whilst Railway Electrical Services is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy any information held about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- In the event that Railway Electrical Services refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
WHO MIGHT YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
Railway Electrical Services may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. We require these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
We may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Railway Electrical Services, its clients and/or the wider community.
HOW LONG WILL MY DATA BE HELD?
Railway Electrical Services will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed in line with our QF3146 Data Mapping procedure (available upon request) after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After this time any personal data no longer required will be deleted.
WHERE WILL MY DATA BE HELD?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the United Kingdom, and is backed up on a regular basis.
To access what Personal data is held against you, identification will be required
We will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
A copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Railway Electrical Services is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) – contact information detailed below.
YOU CAN REQUEST THE FOLLOWING
- The identity and contact details of the data controller.
- The purpose/s and legal basis for the processing of the personal data.
- Where ‘legitimate interest’ is relied upon – details of that interest.
- Who will receive the personal data (if anyone)?
- Whether your data will be transferred to a non-EEA country or an international organisation – the safeguards in place.
- How long we will store the personal data (where unknown – the criteria for determining that period).
- Whether providing the data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
- Any Obligations to provide the personal data and the consequences if you fail to do so.
CONSENT & COMPLAINTS
If you wish to discuss your personal data, are unhappy with the way in which it has been processed, would like to withdraw consent of use or would like to report a breach please use any of the following details;
Railway Electrical Services Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Tel: 01159 444608
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Supervisory Authority, the details of which are below;
Supervisory Authority: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)