Earth Day looks to spread awareness for the importance of looking after our planet and ensuring that we are all reducing our environmental impact.
Railway Electrical Services are committed to continually reducing our environmental impact and looking after the planet whilst still delivering the best service possible to our clients.Carbon Reduction
Our aim is to improve on the energy efficiency of products and services and reduce operational CO2 emissions by using energy efficient transportation.
This is done by:
- Embracing the latest technology such as remote monitoring and careful selection of materials through design
- Using assets that ensure efficiency over the whole life cycle
- Identifying energy sources and existing energy sources that reduce cost and energy on new projects
- Reducing electricity and gas usage within office buildings
- Promote electronic working such as eCOSS to reduce paper usage
- Speed limiters on our vehicles
Due to safety critical nature of much of our work, we only use the highest quality and safest material. We reduce the waste of our materials by identifying efficiency and recycling.
We endeavour to;
- Use less material and therefore avoiding waste.
- Use the same item more than once and extending the useful life before replacing them.
- Re-use or recover /repair existing products. We ensure that new purchases are durable, have a long service life and are easy to maintain and upgrade.
- We aim to establish recycling contacts and agreements for as many waste materials as possible as well as consider turning waste into a new substance or product.
RES is mindful of its responsibility to provide sustainable solutions to its clients and customers and operates from several satellite offices from where design and site-based staff are co-ordinated to provide sustainable solutions for projects.
This is done through:
- Utilising local resources and suppliers wherever possible
- Car sharing to and from Site
- Better planning of Journeys
- Speed limiters for commuting vans
- Strictly limit operating hours of onsite diesel-powered plant
- Substitute diesel powered plant wherever practicably possible
RES pledges to continue seeking new ways to be as environmentally friendly as possible whilst continuing to deliver the best service possible to our clients. Everyone needs to do their part to protect the Earth. We at RES are committed to do our part, do you?